Saturday, July 4, 2009

Boat Dog



Watson here.   Still damp.  Very damp.  They keep telling me it will get better - but can't prove it by me.   I am getting used to "holding it" while we skim across the waters.  Thank goodness they choose to stop by early afternoon!   We get a line on the dock and I make a made dash for the 1st blade of grass I see.   This place seems nice.  First:  there are places to walk and sniff that are green close by.  There is a path that leads up from the marina through the woods to a park.  There were lots of doggy smells along the path - so it must be well used by boating canines like me.  Also there appears to be a number of my kind here - so I get to meet and butt greet, as we doggies do.  Last night, the parents threw me into the "Cave" where we sleep and abandoned me for a period of time that featured very loud booming noises and bright colored lights.  I put my paws over my ears.  Today they tell me we are going for walks around town.  I consider it forced march.  I am not eating much right now - the leftovers have not been great recently and my delicate constitution has been having some difficulty.   But - maybe tonight I will get something better!    Here is a picture of me at breakfast with my dad.   And here is another picture of one of my favorite recurring doggy dreams (courtesy of Bill Holland).   W

No comments:

Post a Comment