Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In Reverse.

Watson here.    Whitehall NY - top of the locks to you!   YAAAAA!  We are headed home!  Maybe I will dry out sometime soon.  Mom was doing laundry today and I thought about throwing myself into the dryer....    But what would 4 quarters give me but a few lousy burns and a lingering dizziness from the tumbler.   We were at a resort last night - Basin Harbor.   It was good because there were other doggies and lots of kids who wanted to pat me.   I have not been feeling up to snuff lately - but did a bit of howdying with my fellow canines.   I am a bit concerned about that retriever who could not find the thrown stick..  I watched him blow it twenty times this am before we left.  I was glad that "retrieving" was not a talent I particularly appreciate.   Why would anyone go after a ratty old stick?   Now a juicy bone - or a peanut ball or a T-bone stake or a roast chicken - any of those, I can see chasing.....     We have now cleared the Lake, heading south into the locks tomorrow.   Will be glad when we are back through them - no good place to stop and take a quick S&W (Sniff and Wizz).   I did share some of my chicken for dinner with mom last night at Basin Harbor.  They have put me on a basic rice and chicken diet.   And I am boycotting any forced marches off the boat.   Am going back to my nap..  At least the rain has stopped for the moment......W

No comments:

Post a Comment