Monday, July 6, 2009

I am such an easy mark...





Watson here.   Groan.   I am so easy - they wave a Burlington Bear dog cookie at me and flash - here I am back on the Talking Stock.  My life on the Black Pearl gone in an instant as I suck down this lousy cookie.  And now what am I left with?  Another day listening to lame jokes that I have heard at least forty times.

 Yesterday they took me ashore at Valcour Island in that flimsy little Rubber Duckie boat that perches on top of After You.  They stuck me in the belly of the thing while they all sat along the edge and got the good view.   At least I got to scamper and sniff to my heart's content on the island.  LOTS of doggies have come before me there!

  Last night they left me listening to NPR.  Which usually is not so bad - I really enjoy Click and Clack the Tap-it Brothers on Car Talk and even Prairie Home Companion isn't too bad - esp. when they have doggies howling.   But last night, it was the worst organ music I have ever heard.   My ears are still sore...  Oh well.  

Burlington is not so bad - but an awful long walk on the dock to get to a skimpy blade or 2 of grass.   Of course - I have the last laugh - when I see all those people sitting on the same skimpy patch later in the day...   W

1 comment:

  1. Watson, you have the patience of a saint! Hope you're enjoying all the new sights and smells!

    ReplyDelete