Thursday, July 2, 2009

Damp. Very Damp.






Watson here.

Damp.  Very damp. Sick of being so "close" to family.  Will this rain ever end....   For the last 3 days we have had this routine going on.  Yesterday, we managed to get into the marina 10 minutes before the skies opened.  We did have to stop at the bulkhead of one of the locks prior to that because I just COULD NOT WAIT!!!!   This lock stuff is tough on my delicate constitution.   I got to spend the afternoon with my mom in the laundry room where we were trapped by the monsoon and thunder and lightning and HAIL, for goodness sake.  So being stuck there meant no blogging.   I did have some VERY yummy meatloaf last night that I shared with my mom.  And I did get to drive the boat today.   That was fun - so not all bad.   I expect to have a little quality "alone" time this evening as the rest of them troop off to some restaurant.  I will have to have more meatloaf leftovers.   Tomorrow I hear we are getting to stay in the same place for 2 whole nites!  Maybe I will get a decent night's sleep and not be dragged out at 5:30am for a "morning constitutional."   At least I was not stuck in a canoe with 30 boyscouts!  There is a lot to be grateful for.....   Oh - and Uncle Sam and I wish you a happy fourth coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment